The Writing Assignments portion of Writing for PR and Advertising has some static components that all students will complete, as well as several that you can choose among. To earn credit for the assignments, they must be submitted in BlackBoard by their due dates.
All students will complete the following:
- News Release #1 (25 pts.) – See Anatomy of a News Release & Common Errors in News Releases
- News Release #2 (75 pts.)
With your client in mind, make your choices from among the available options; be sure to complete assignments totaling 250 points from this section. See your syllabus for specific due dates for each assignment:
- Media Contact List (50 pts.)
- Media Advisory (50 pts.)
- Photo & Caption (50 pts.)
- Infographic (50 pts.)
- Personality Profile (100 pts.) – Also More Than a Pre-Obituary
- Public Service Announcement OR Broadcast News Release (50 pts.)
- Speech Script (100 pts.)
- Ad (50 pts.)
We will discuss these assignments in more detail in class during Weeks 6 & 7.