- Skim Chapter 2 in Public relations: Strategies and tactics (9th Ed.)
- Read the section for your chosen (or assigned) era carefully.
In class on Monday
In Era Groups
- Break up into groups based on your chosen (or assigned) era.
- Each person states one important thing to know about the era, one person speaking at a time. Continue round-robin style until you no one has something unique to bring up.
- As a group, come to a consensus on five or six important things from the era.
- Each group member should write down the group’s consensus. You’ll need this for the next part of the activity.
In Mixed Groups
- Break up into groups so that there’s one era representative for each era. We may end up with as many as 15 groups in our class.
- Each era rep should hold a brief discussion on the 5 most important things/people from their eras.
- Remember to take some brief notes on what your classmates mention from their eras.
After class, create a blog entry of about 250 words regarding the evolution of public relations, using these three questions to guide you:
- What did you learn?
- What surprised you?
- What do you want to know more about?
Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/91273409@N00/260394731/