If you’re looking to get a jumpstart on my classes at Georgia Southern University this spring, here are the books that I will be using. I’ve linked to many of them at Amazon.com, but of course you can purchase them from anywhere you like. I recommend you try the Facebook Marketplace first, so you can get a good deal AND help a fellow student.
For all my classes
- Reliable Internet access
- Headset/mic (for interaction in online class discussions)
Social Media for Public Relations (PRCA 3030)
- Hay, D. (2009). A Survival Guide to Social Media and Web 2.0 Optimization: Strategies, Tactics, and Tools for Succeeding in the Social Web. Dalton Publishing: Austin, TX.
- Li, C., & Bernoff, J. (2008). Groundswell: Winning in a world transformed by social technologies. Boston, MA: Forrester Research, Inc.
Public Relations Writing (PRCA 3330)
- Wilcox, D. (2009). Public Relations Writing and Media Techniques (6th Edition). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
- A recent The Associated Press Stylebook 2009, preferably 43rd edition (red cover) — or its online equivalent
Public Relations Practicum (PRCA 3711/4711)
- WinWay Resume Deluxe 12 software
Making Connections: Facebook and Beyond (FYE 1220)
- No textbook needed
Questions? As always,
(PS: Syllabi for my classes will be posted in early January.)