PRCA 2330 Students: Thanks so much for completing the Blog Checklist.
Here are answers to some of the more frequently asked questions:
How many posts are we supposed to have in each category?
- See Blogging Guidelines post from January 21. (To me, this is almost like asking “exactly how many words should be in my term paper.”)
When we comment on another page how or where are we suppose to post a link for you to see it?
- See #5 in the Blogging Guidelines post from January 21.
Do we have to have personal blogs?
- Yes. You do need to have personal blog posts. See #6 in the Blogging Guidelines post from January 21.
How do you add bullets in your blog?
- When you are writing or editing your post, click the button on the toolbar for bullets (very similar to how you’d insert bullets in Microsoft Word). The bullet button is the fourth from the left.
I am still confused on how to insert a hyperlink.
- Use the toolbar button that looks link two chain links. Here’s how to insert hyperlinks.
I have created the various pages and assignments categories, but can’t seem to make the assignments correlate with their correct pages. How can I fix this? Any ideas?
- My best guess is that you’ve created Pages, not Posts. There’s a big difference in WordPress between pages and posts. If this is what you’ve done, simply copy the info from the page and paste it into a new post. Then you should be able to apply the correct category.
How do I change the “Just another WordPress blog” tagline?
- On the left side of your screen in the Dashboard, click on Settings, then choose General. You can change the tagline (and many other things) there.
How do I apply a new theme to my blog? (I tried to change the visual appearance on the dashboard, but it won’t seem to work?)
- See WordPress.tv’s short video on how to preview and activate a new theme.
How do I embed a video into my blog?
- See WordPress.tv’s short video on how to embed video (as well as photos, audio, etc.)
Do you think you could clarify what is to be going in our blogs more often? I feel like no one really knew we were supposed to be doing so much in our blogs because it is never spoken of in class. Thanks.
- Please, please ask questions in class or visit me in my office hours.
More questions? Just ask.