Though our discussions this semester in PRCA 3330 at Georgia Southern University, you probably are aware that public relations students should know about Web 2.0. If you need a refresher on what Web 2.0 is, see the video below. (You do not need audio to benefit from the video; there are no spoken words in the video.)
For Monday’s class, you’ll be divided into groups. Based on the group you’re in, do some quick research and brainstorming on your assigned Web 2.0 concept:
- RSS, including readers/aggregators
- Tagging, including social bookmarks
- Social Media Press Release
- Social networking
Each person in your group should respond to these questions by using the Comments feature. You can either answer directly in your Comment, or provide a hyperlink to your blog, and respond in your own blog.
- What does the concept mean? (Briefly define the concept, including a hyperlink.)
- What are some examples of service providers? (Include hyperlinks)
- In general, how is the concept relevant for public relations students (or practitioners)?
- How could you apply the concept for your client for this class? (You do not need to identify your client, unless you want to.)