On Monday, February 16, before class, your critical analysis of the movie Wag the Dog is due. You will need to answer the following questions as fully as possible. Questions can also be referenced in your book in Chapter 3.
- Of the three basic value orientations (discussed in Chapter 3 of your textbook), what basic value orientation does the PR practitioner embody? Provide at least one example.
- According to the PRSA Code of Ethics, how is the PR practitioner unethical?
- What is the logic behind the phrase Wag the Dog, and how is it relevant to the situation involved?
- In your opinion, what positive or negative stereotypes has the PR practitioner confirmed in his role in this movie?
- If you paraphrase or quote another source, give credit to the original writer. (Not doing so is plagiarism, just like it would be in a traditional paper.)
- Use hyperlinks in your blog post, where applicable.
- Assign the category of Assignments to this post.
- This assignment is worth 30 of the “Instructor Discretion” points in this class.
- If you haven’t already done so, look at the Blogging Feedback: Take One that was posted on February 9 for more tips.