For my Southeastern University COMM 4633 students
Welcome to our COMM 4633 Social Media for PR & Journalism class. For our first day of class, I’ve created this blog post to make it easier to follow along with all the links I will be sharing.
Today in class . . .
- Review the syllabus for COMM 4633. (Print a copy and bring it to class on Thursday.)
- Review the posts I have written for your COMM 4633 class, focusing primarily on Arrive, Survive & Thrive in Prof. Nixon’s Spring 2011 Classes.
- Watch the Social Media in the Workplace video at the Common Craft website.
- Watch the Social Media Revolution 2 (Refresh) video. Were you surprised by any of the statistics?
- Create a free account at Inbound Marketing University. You’ll take several courses via this site this semester. (At this point, you don’t need to do anything more than create the account and remember the login information for later.)
- Create a free account at WordPress.com (if you don’t already have one); this is the site we will be using for our blogs this semester. Choose a blog address wisely, as it’s not possible to change the address after you register. Consider using your first and last name (or some variation) as your address.
- Review WordPress 101: Getting Started with Your Blog. We’ll spend time in class during several of the early sessions this semester setting up your blogs.
- Make a list of all the social media sites you currently use, and note what you tend to use them for.
Questions? You know where to find me . . .