If you’re looking to get a jumpstart on my classes at this fall, here are the books that I will be using. I’ve linked to many of them at Amazon.com, but of course you can purchase them from anywhere you like. I recommend you try the Facebook Marketplace first, so you can get a good deal AND help a fellow student.
For all my classes
- Have reliable Internet access
- Subscribe to Ragan Communications’ PR Daily (for all classes except for COMM 3333.)
Public Relations Applications (COMM 2322)
- Wilcox, D.L., & Cameron, G.T. (2009). Public relations: Strategies and tactics (9th Ed.). Boston: Allyn & Bacon.
Public Relations Writing (PRCA 3330 & COMM 4333)
- Wilcox, D. (2009). Public Relations Writing and Media Techniques (6th Edition). Boston, MA: Pearson Education.
- A recent The Associated Press Stylebook, preferably 2010 edition — or its online equivalent or iPhone app
Introduction to Journalism (COMM 3333)
- Rich, C. Writing & reporting news (6th Ed.). (2010) Boston: Wadsworth.
- A recent copy of The Associated Press Stylebook, preferably 2010 edition — or its online equivalent or iPhone app
Corporate Public Relations (COMM 4363)
- No textbook needed
Questions? As always,
(PS: Syllabi for my classes will be posted in early August.)